The word 'glamping' derives its name from Glamorous Camping, a form of camping involving accommodation and facilities more luxurious than those usually associated with traditional camping. Glamping (a fusion of glamour and camping) is where stunning nature meets modern luxury. It’s a way to experience the untamed and completely unique parts of the world-without having to sacrifice creature comforts. If you like the idea of spending the night in the great outdoors but aren't so wild about sleeping on the ground and wearing the same clothes for days, you may be ready for glamping-yes, that's glamorous camping. Despite its name, the activity doesn't have to be super chichi; at its heart, glamping is about getting close to nature with a little more comfort and a lot less lugging of stuff. To put it simply, glamping is a much more glamorous way to go camping, where you will stay in a place which has the amenities you’d find at a resort and at the same time being in nature. Glamping combines the best of camping and staying in a hotel. You’re in nature doing outdoor activities and have all the facilities you need. There’s a fridge to keep your beer cold and meat fresh, outside you’ll have a pristine BBQ to cook your dinner and have a lovely warm shower too. So even if you go hiking and a storm comes, you know you’ll be heading back to a lovely warm cabin and not a tent pegged in to the ground.
The way we travel has changed. We no longer want a generic, one-size-fits-all vacation. We want to explore on our terms and immerse ourselves in local culture, and we no longer just want to simply witness nature-we want to live in it. The glamping movement is growing, and it’s showing no signs of slowing down. You can wake up in a yurt on a mountaintop. Reside in the forest canopy in a tree house. Take in the panoramic views in an eco-lodge. And that’s just to name a few; there are many types of glamping experiences…Glamping is the modern equivalent, combining both yesterday's amenities and today's technology. Today's glamping features such structures as bell tents, pods, safari tents, tent cabins, tree houses, tipis, vintage caravans, vintage trailers, and yurts. With glamping, less is more. Whereas energy and materials used in the construction and management of a small hotel are quite high, glamping accommodations, in many cases, take advantage of the surrounding elements of nature, fresh air and absolute leisure. For many, daydreams of a break from the daily grind conjure up images of lake shores and vistas, of babbling brooks and tree-lined trails. A desire to spend free time in the great outdoors is at the forefront of many minds. So when you have some time to plan a vacation, however long it may be, you plan them to be under the sun and stars.
In Greece, glamping has its own destinations and they are all extremely enchanting:
- Surf Club Keros, Limnos- http://www.surfclubkeros.com: One of the most beautiful luxury campsites in Greece is located on the island of Limnos, on the beach of Keros.
- Isolated paradise, on the island of Kea- https://www.campingkea.com/: On a private beach in Kea island there is a hidden gem…a wonderful destination located in a secluded spot tucked away in the barren hills of the island, on a heavenly cove.
- Yurt- Big Yurt, Club Agia Anna, Evvoia- http://www.clubagiaanna.gr/el: Inside the pine trees and within breathing distance from the beach of Agia Anna in Northern Evvoia, there is one of the most popular campsites in the country.
- Theasis igloo, Tzoumerka-Zagorochoria- http://www.theasis-igloo.com/gr/: And now, something completely different...because summer holidays don't necessarily mean the sea and some people prefer the beauty and the coolness of the mountain. In a lush landscape of fir trees, away from the city lights, the holidays are a unique experience in Tzoumerka. Houses reminiscent of igloos are made of wood and stone, materials that abound in the area.
- Glamping on a bubble, Luxury Bubble Tents-Nea Moudania-Halkidiki- https://bubbletents.gr/: In Nea Moudania, Halkidiki there is a luxurious campsite with rooms designed like bubbles, in tents with a transparent dome that gives an unprecedented view of the sky.
- Dream Coast-Sithonia-Halkidiki: https://www.aktioneirou.gr/
- Glamping Armenistis-Sithonia-Halkidiki: https://www.armenistis.gr/el/
- Camping Castello-Tripotamos-Sithonia, Halkidiki: https://camping-castello.gr/
The bill under discussion by the Greek Ministry of Tourism entitled "Special Forms of Tourism and Provisions for Tourism Development" introduces the concept of the glamping certification mark to Greek tourism legislation.
"Nature is a book that is always open, and the wind turns its pages." (Christian Bobin-French author). “The outside is the only place we can truly be inside the world.” ENJOY IT to the max!